Volunteer at CatVando!
As an all-volunteer organization, volunteers support every facet of our work:
- Administrative: grant writing, fundraising, event management, newsletter, social media
- Animal care: Trapping, senior care, serve breakfast and/or dinner, medication
- Kitty buddies: Play, brush, pet kittens and adults
- General: Cleaning, carpentry, transport, painting, wash and fold laundry
- Landscapers: weeding and general care
To apply, fill out the Adult Volunteer Application.
Fostering is a key part of our adoption program and requires responsible, reliable, and compassionate volunteers. Fosters provide a safe home, compassionate care, and daily socialization to prepare the felines for adoption.Interesting in fostering kittens or adult cats?
Fill out the Foster Application.
Become a Colony Manager
If you feed cats or have cats in your neighborhood, the only humane, effective method of preventing more kittens and keeping the cats healthy, is through a Comprehensive Trap Neuter Return Program. Learn more about our TNR program.
Help cats and residents in your community
Does someone in your neighborhood feed cats? It might be someone who’s isolated, or doesn’t know about TNR, or is fearful that their cats may be taken away and killed.
You can help, and we can help you to help them. Simply download our ‘Seeing Street Cats’ brochure (also available in Spanish) and put it in their door (not mailbox please). It would be best if you could talk to them or write a personal note.
Remember, it wasn’t long ago that they may have been threatened with a citation or the threat of trap and remove.